Thursday 6 June 2013

Demonstration in Lyon in homage to Clément Méric, murdered in Paris by fascists

Clément Méric was a young left-wing militant who was attacked in Paris last night by members of a well-known fascist group here in France. He was declared brain-dead on admission to hospital and he died this afternoon.

Demonstrations in honour of Méric's memory expressing their disgust with the current upsurge in extreme-right violence in France have been held today in several French cities, including Lyon, where I live. I went down to the demo, which ended peacefully, and took some photos. Here are a few of them.

What do I think of all this? These are just photos of a demo, but don't worry, I'll be back tomorrow with another post with my thoughts and opinions on this ignominious attack and its implications for France. And that post shall take no prisoners....








The victim.


2 comments:

  1. Have you read this ?
    http://www.dreuz.info/2013/06/mort-de-clement-meric-bfmtv-pris-la-main-dans-le-sac-en-pleine-desinformation/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, how are you? I hadn't read that and thanks for the link. As coincidence has it I have just this instant posted my analysis of Méric's murder and why it happened, and it too includes a look at the roles of both left and right wing extremist groups. Here's the URL if you like and have an excellent day.
      Frip.

      http://undertheburningbridge.blogspot.fr/2013/06/the-killing-of-clement-meric-was-both.html

      Delete